Definition of coronoid process in English:
1A flattened triangular projection above the angle of the jaw where the temporalis muscle is attached.
- The coronoid process is not elevated above the level of the dorsal spur of the dentary.
- Inferior to the trochlear notch is the coronoid process.
- The fenestra and the coronoid process provide additional surface area for muscle attachment at this critical site.
2A projection from the front of the ulna forming part of the articulation of the elbow.
- The ulnar or deep head (accessory head) arises by an aponeurotic band from the medial border of the coronoid process of the ulna, medial to the tendon of the brachialis muscle.
- It passes through the capitulum of the radius and the ulna and its coronoid process and radial notch.
- A single ulnar tunnel is made by placing two ulnar drill holes 3 to 4 mm distal to the articular surface of the coronoid process, separated by approximately 1 cm at the native attachment site of the ulnar collateral ligament.
Definition of coronoid process in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan