Definition of corpulence in English:
The state of being fat; obesity: her corpulence is the butt of every joke
More example sentences
- The surreal corpulence of the boy is a distraction, and when we watch him steal the only pieces of meat from his uncomprehending blind stepsister's rice bowl we are reminded not of Chaplin but of Fellini.
- It is common for men of the most unwieldy corpulence to crowd themselves into a chair, and demand to be carried for a shilling as far as an airy young lady whom we scarcely feel upon our poles.
- Obesity, especially among children, is to be discouraged, but we mustn't get to a point where corpulence is automatically frowned upon.
- Example sentences
- It will reduce your corpulency in a safe and agreeable manner, with no bad results - unlike those other cures.
- In person he is below the ordinary standard, somewhat disposed to corpulency, and rather clumsy in his form.
- The powdered seeds have been considered a cure for goitre and efficacious in reducing excessive corpulency.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan