noun (plural corpora callosa /ˈkôrpərə kaˈlōsə/)Anatomy
- A broad band of nerve fibers joining the two hemispheres of the brain.More example sentences
- The mass extended into the left hemisphere through the anterior corpus callosum and obliterated the frontal horn of the right lateral ventricle.
- In this preparation the corpus callosum, caudate nucleus, and most brainstem structures have been removed.
- In addition, in murderers' brains, the corpus callosum - a band of tissue that links the right and left hemispheres - also functioned poorly.
early 18th century: from corpus and Latin callosum, neuter of callosus 'tough'.
More definitions of corpus callosumDefinition of corpus callosum in:
- The British & World English dictionary