- A number between −1 and +1 calculated so as to represent the linear dependence of two variables or sets of data. (Symbol: r)More example sentences
- The absolute value of the correlation coefficient represents the strength of the association between the two variables.
- A value of 1 on the correlation coefficient indicates a linear dependence of the character on N level and a value of 0 indicates no dependence on N.
- Whether a correlation coefficient is statistically significant or not will be affected by two factors.
More definitions of correlation coefficientDefinition of correlation coefficient in:
- The British & World English dictionary