Definition of corsage in English:
1A spray of flowers worn pinned to a woman’s clothes.
- I ran down my list of things to get: got the flowers and corsages, got a ride, and got my outfit.
- A modest corsage or arrangement of flowers from your own garden is much more meaningful than an expensive purchase from the floral shop.
- Quietly, he reached into a box and pulled out a corsage, a lotus flower, and pinned it to the strap of Diana's dress.
2The upper part of a woman’s dress.
- She was dressed in a fancy, long dress with a tight-looking corsage, and was holding an umbrella on one hand and apparently the same locket they had found on the other.
- In fact, it would've been a Lion gala dress had it had a lace corsage and black trimming…
- The satin tablier in front was gracefully draped with white tucked Brussels net, and the corsage was made high to the throat and ruched at the neck.
Definition of corsage in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan