Definition of corymb in English:
A flower cluster whose lower stalks are proportionally longer so that the flowers form a flat or slightly convex head.
- The genus has some species with single flowers, but most have racemes, corymbs or subumbels.
- As the photo shows, the corymbs bloom first around the edges and the center buds open last.
- The small white flowers are borne in rather dense corymbs at the ends of the branches.
- Example sentences
- The flowers are several, large, blue, erect, borne in a terminal, corymbose panicle, on long footstalks.
- Flowers are small, from pale - pink to purple, at the top of the stalk gathered into large corymbose panicle clusters.
- White Syndrome for corymbose and tabular Acropora, in particular, results in high mortality.
Pronunciation: /ˈkôrəmˌbōs, ˈkär-, -ˌbōz/adjective
Definition of corymb in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan