A flower cluster whose lower stalks are proportionally longer so that the flowers form a flat or slightly convex head.
More example sentences
- The genus has some species with single flowers, but most have racemes, corymbs or subumbels.
- As the photo shows, the corymbs bloom first around the edges and the center buds open last.
- The small white flowers are borne in rather dense corymbs at the ends of the branches.
- More example sentences
- The flowers are several, large, blue, erect, borne in a terminal, corymbose panicle, on long footstalks.
- Flowers are small, from pale - pink to purple, at the top of the stalk gathered into large corymbose panicle clusters.
- White Syndrome for corymbose and tabular Acropora, in particular, results in high mortality.
Pronunciation: /ˈkôrəmˌbōs, ˈkär-, -ˌbōz/adjective
Definition of corymb in:
- The British & World English dictionary