A small South American swan with white plumage and bright pink legs and feet.
- Coscoroba coscoroba, family Anatidae
More example sentences
- Of the 7 types of swans in the world, the coscoroba swan is the smallest.
- Later, we came across a pair of coscoroba swans that were at first mistaken as geese due to their smaller size, shorter necks and less graceful stature.
- Waterfowl included the black-necked swans, coscoroba swans and the amusing steamer ducks.
early 19th century: coscoroba from the modern Latin taxonomic name, of unknown origin.
More definitions of coscoroba swanDefinition of coscoroba swan in:
- The British & World English dictionary