- The ratio of the hypotenuse (in a right-angled triangle) to the side opposite an acute angle; the reciprocal of sine.More example sentences
- The other angle, B has its tanglent equal to its cosecant (the reciprocal of the sine).
- The variance of D is computed from the variance of the misclosure W scaled with the separation of the planes of position dv and the cosecant of the angle of maximum inclination of the slope dd.
- The secant and cosecant were not used by the early astronomers or surveyors.
More definitions of cosecantDefinition of cosecant in:
- The British & World English dictionary