- An arbitrary constant in the field equations of general relativity.More example sentences
- Einstein introduced the cosmological constant to his equations of general relativity because he believed the universe was static.
- On the plus side, the vanishing vacuum energy that is implied by supersymmetry ensures that the cosmological constant vanishes.
- We are making fast progress on understanding the implications of the existence of a cosmological constant for quantum gravity.
More definitions of cosmological constantDefinition of cosmological constant in:
- The British & World English dictionary