Definition of cost accounting in English:
The recording of all the costs incurred in a business in a way that can be used to improve its management.
- In the wake of a spate of bankruptcies during 1997-98, the corporate sector is also emphasizing better cost accounting and more transparent balance sheet management.
- Indeed, the elaboration of public enterprise in the Early Bronze Age led to the innovations of cost accounting and other managerial techniques.
- The introduction of discounting techniques into accounting was one of the key innovations of the post-war years that helped to construct management accounting out of cost accounting.
cost accountant noun
- Example sentences
- It should be the aim of every cost accountant to link up his system with the general accounts.
- For the cost accountant, the clarity of these boundaries meant that a significant portion of their role would be defined by others and subject to external scrutiny.
- Prior to coming, she was employed for four years as a field cost accountant.
Definition of cost accounting in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan