Definition of cotton grass in English:
A sedge that typically grows on swampy land in the northern hemisphere, producing tufts of long white silky hairs, which aid in the dispersal of the seeds.
- Genus Eriophorum, family Cyperaceae
- Two species of sedges that form cottony seed masses are called cotton grass.
- The surrounding land drops down close to 2,500 feet, and possesses all the flora and fauna you'd expect from an Appalachian mountain range - mountain laurel, rhododendron, cotton grass, pine trees and all the deer you can fathom.
- On one side of the water is a wide plain, speckled white with Arctic cotton grass.
Definition of cotton grass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.