adjectiveNorth American • informal
- Used for emphasis, especially with disapproval or reproach: just a cotton-picking minute! he’s a cotton-pickin' liar!More example sentences
- I said, ‘Wait a cotton-picking minute - I've always known him, knew he was a good operator and all that, but don't talk to me about taking over this thing now.‘
- But hang on just one cotton-picking minute!
- Well, one mighty big business that has been especially loud about telling government to keep its cotton-picking hands out of their business is the meat industry.
More definitions of cotton-pickingDefinition of cotton-picking in:
- The British & World English dictionary