Definition of cotton rat in English:
A short-tailed rat found in grassland and scrub from North America to Guyana.
- Genus Sigmodon, family Muridae: several species
- Additionally, the cotton rat and rice rat are the rodent vectors in the southeastern United States for the Black Creek Canal and Bayou viruses, respectively.
- Some rodents, especially the deer mouse, rice rat, white-footed mouse and cotton rat, may carry hantaviruses.
- I tried not to be envious, but I couldn't help telling him about how I had a cotton rat once and a jaybird for a little while.
Definition of cotton rat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan