A North American bug that feeds on cotton bolls, causing reddish staining of the fibers.
- Genus Dysdercus, family Pyrrhocoridae, suborder Heteroptera: several species, in particular D. suturellus
More example sentences
- Empty weavers' nests dangled from lifeless tree branches and flea beetles and cotton stainer bugs provided the only movement in that empty place.
- The life cycles of the pale cotton stainer and the cotton harlequin bug have not been fully studied.
- When these antihormones are applied to immature cotton stainers and Mexican bean beetles, the insects grow into sterile adults.
Definition of cotton stainer in:
- The British & World English dictionary