Definition of coumarin in English:
1A vanilla-scented compound found in many plants, formerly used for flavoring food.
- Plants make coumarin from an amino acid, phenylalanine.
- The spectrum of coumarin in uncomplexed DNA is shown as the solid curve.
- In this assay a series of sample mixtures with a fixed protein concentration and increasing coumarin concentrations are injected.
1.1Any derivative of this.
- Because of the presence of coumarins in some clover species, including Trifolium pratense, tests of clotting factors in future trials may be prudent.
- Herbal medications that may increase the risk of bleeding if used concurrently with ginkgo include the following: feverfew, garlic, ginseng, dong quai, red clover, and other natural coumarins.
- And sweet clovers aren't the only greens using coumarins.
Definition of coumarin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan