- When papers were served on the council, officials took steps to find a place for the boy.
- A report was given on the council meeting which was attended by two members of the guild.
- She is scheduled to formally open the advisory council's standing committee meeting on Thursday.
- Local government consists of elected county and municipal councils.
- City and district councils are at the forefront of dog control.
- Mayors and municipal councils are elected directly by the local community.
- Before deciding to accept, he conferred with his synod council.
- So it seems the plenary council and synod proposals have been put on a back burner.
- Synod councils can send recommendations to the Church Council before its April meeting.
- She has no business in a family council only open to family members.
- Call a family council at some other time to work out such problems.
- Ordinarily, a family council is based on principles and processes set out in a family charter but this is not always the case.
Old English (in the sense 'ecclesiastical assembly'): from Anglo-Norman French cuncile, from Latin concilium 'convocation, assembly', from con- 'together' + calare 'summon'. Compare with counsel.
Words that rhyme with councilcounsel, groundsel
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.