Definition of council of ministers in English:
1An administrative body that advises the chief executive or head of state.
- In theory, an elected body heads the legislative branch, a president and a council of ministers leads the executive branch, and the judiciary is independent.
- The three-tiered structure was set up to advise the council of ministers on such relevant issues as are deemed necessary for the union to be more in line with current developments in international trade relations.
- They were denied representation in the legislative assembly, in the council of ministers and in decision making bodies.
1.1 (Council of Ministers) The policymaking body of the European Economic Community.
- As a result there will be more pressure on the Council of Ministers and its bodies to reach an early agreement on the necessary implementing measures.
- Yet in reality there is little opportunity for them to lobby either the European Council or the Council of Ministers directly.
- How many know the difference between the president of the European commission and the presidency of the Council of Ministers?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan