(also chiefly British councillor)
Definition of councilor in English:
A member of a council.
- Municipal councilors, government employees and the general public then paraded around town to welcome in the Thai New Year.
- The allegation later turned out to be manufactured by members of the city councilor's staff.
- Tenants will sit side by side with councillors and independent members on the boards.
- Example sentences
- The three amendments were included in the bill presented by the regional councillorship to the Council.
- It has 12 candidates running for six councillorships, and two squaring off for the mayor's seat.
- If a councilorship is allocated to a particular ward that ward may comprise about ten, fifteen or twenty villages.
Definition of councilor in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia