(also chiefly British councillor)
A member of a council.
- Municipal councilors, government employees and the general public then paraded around town to welcome in the Thai New Year.
- The allegation later turned out to be manufactured by members of the city councilor's staff.
- Tenants will sit side by side with councillors and independent members on the boards.
- Example sentences
- The three amendments were included in the bill presented by the regional councillorship to the Council.
- It has 12 candidates running for six councillorships, and two squaring off for the mayor's seat.
- If a councilorship is allocated to a particular ward that ward may comprise about ten, fifteen or twenty villages.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of councilor in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.