- An action taken to counteract a danger or threat.More example sentences
- As a superb targeter of military forces, he was a most crafty inventor of countermeasures to thwart enemy action.
- Even where the US has technical advantages, effective countermeasures usually exist.
- Industry is playing a key role by rapidly fielding countermeasures that help soldiers to stay ahead of the enemy.
More definitions of countermeasureDefinition of countermeasure in:
- The British & World English dictionary