- (In the US) an elected county official who is responsible for local elections and maintaining public records.More example sentences
- Your state's Secretary of State's office is also a good place to go, as well as your local county clerk.
- He rang the county clerk's office to sort out the error, and was able to vote in the end.
- Republicans had argued that a state law should have been applied more broadly, to all new voters, except those who registered in person at a county clerk's office.
More definitions of county clerkDefinition of county clerk in:
- The British & World English dictionary