Definition of courageous in English:
Not deterred by danger or pain; brave: her courageous human rights work
More example sentences
- He suffered so much, and he was so brave, so courageous to fight it as long as he did.
- It's therefore a mystery how brave, courageous St George ever got to be the patron saint of England.
- He deserves everything, he was very brave and courageous and I know he would do it all again if he had to.
brave, plucky, fearless, valiant, valorous, intrepid, heroic, lionhearted, bold, daring, daredevil, audacious, undaunted, unflinching, unshrinking, unafraid, dauntless, indomitable, doughty, mettlesome, venturesome, stouthearted, gallant
- Example sentences
- All the pictures show him with such courage and courageousness.
- I really don't want to dwell on it because I don't want to overshadow the courageousness of the way the team played.
- In my 40 years of coaching, I have never seen anything like this sort of courageousness.
Words that rhyme with courageousadvantageous, contagious, outrageous, rampageous
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan