Not deterred by danger or pain; brave: her courageous human rights work
More example sentences
- He suffered so much, and he was so brave, so courageous to fight it as long as he did.
- It's therefore a mystery how brave, courageous St George ever got to be the patron saint of England.
- He deserves everything, he was very brave and courageous and I know he would do it all again if he had to.
brave, plucky, fearless, valiant, valorous, intrepid, heroic, lionhearted, bold, daring, daredevil, audacious, undaunted, unflinching, unshrinking, unafraid, dauntless, indomitable, doughty, mettlesome, venturesome, stouthearted, gallant
informal game, gutsy, gutty, spunky, ballsy, skookum
- Example sentences
- All the pictures show him with such courage and courageousness.
- I really don't want to dwell on it because I don't want to overshadow the courageousness of the way the team played.
- In my 40 years of coaching, I have never seen anything like this sort of courageousness.
Middle English: from Old French corageus, from corage (see courage).
Words that rhyme with courageousadvantageous, contagious, outrageous, rampageous
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.