- A zucchini.More example sentences
- They then managed to make their way to Europe and its modern ancestor has stemmed such varieties as the zucchini or courgette.
- For the main course, tuck into some of Greece's favourite vegetables, tomatoes, spinach and zucchini or courgettes.
- Cut turkey into even, bite-sized pieces; slice courgettes and corn into thick slices, and remove calyx from tomatoes.
1930s: from French, diminutive of courge 'gourd', from Latin cucurbita.
More definitions of courgetteDefinition of courgette in:
- The British & World English dictionary