- A fashion designer who manufactures and sells clothes that have been tailored to a client’s specific requirements and measurements.More example sentences
- Within a few years, he would be eclipsed by couturiers like Coco Chanel and Jean Patou, designers more willing to adapt to the needs of a new generation of American women.
- Though they didn't have half-million-dollar budgets to buy clothes from a couturier, they had incredible style.
- As everyone knows, women are designed by couturiers.
late 19th century: French, from couture.
More definitions of couturierDefinition of couturier in:
- The British & World English dictionary