1A page sent as the first page of a fax transmission, identifying the sender, number of pages, etc.
- Not unlike a fax cover sheet, the first page of a legal document typically contains only metadata.
- We got a fax which says that there are 54 pages, plus a cover sheet.
- It is the first item on the index and the first page behind the cover sheet.
2A page placed before a manuscript or report, typically with the name of the author, title of the book or report, and date.
- We also attach a cover sheet to each autopsy report that contains color images.
- They were to write reports about their target and include photographs, maps and a cover sheet.
- On the cover sheet the hearing dates were in fact 22nd and 23rd January 2002.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: cov·er sheet
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.