- 1A thing used to cover something else, typically in order to protect or conceal it: a vinyl floor coveringMore example sentences
- Buy wallpaper, fabric and floor coverings for their practical as well as decorative effect.
- It started as a way to make coverings for floors like this!
- In older houses ceramic tiles are used as floor coverings.
- 1.1 [usually in singular] A layer of something that covers something else: the sky was obscured by a covering of cloudMore example sentences
- They should be stored in a single layer with a loose covering of plastic wrap.
- The drums will then be covered by several impervious layers before a covering of soil to ground level.
- I finished off with a thick covering of bark mulch to preserve moisture, suppress weeds and add organic material.