A yellowish-flowered plant of the figwort family, partly parasitic on the roots of other plants and found in both Eurasia and North America.
- Genus Melampyrum, family Scrophulariaceae: several species, including M. lineare
More example sentences
- We drove a little further and stopped to see a large collection of wild bergamot and lots of cow wheat.
- This species is often mistaken for the common cow wheat.
- Given the sandy soils, the ground flora in these areas is dominated by bracken, wavy hair grass and common cow wheat.
Definition of cow wheat in:
- The British & World English dictionary