Definition of cow wheat in English:
A yellowish-flowered plant of the figwort family, partly parasitic on the roots of other plants and found in both Eurasia and North America.
- Genus Melampyrum, family Scrophulariaceae: several species, including M. lineare
- We drove a little further and stopped to see a large collection of wild bergamot and lots of cow wheat.
- This species is often mistaken for the common cow wheat.
- Given the sandy soils, the ground flora in these areas is dominated by bracken, wavy hair grass and common cow wheat.
Definition of cow wheat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan