Definition of cowhide in English:
1.1Leather made from a cow’s hide.
- The holsters are hand-stitched using the finest leather, horsehide, cowhide, sharkskin and exotics like ostrich and stingray.
- The chaise can be lifted from its frame and placed on the floor as a rocker and comes in canvas, leather and cowhide upholstery options.
- The decor - offset by luxurious red leather and cowhide sofas - is a form of therapy in itself.
1.2A whip made from cowhide.
- He lashes Tom across the face with a cowhide and strikes him several times, then asks Tom again if he will do it.
Words that rhyme with cowhideallied • landslide • bolide
Definition of cowhide in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.