Definition of coyness in English:
1(Especially in a woman) the quality of feigning shyness or modesty in an attempt to seem alluring.
- The customary number with children from the audience goes without gush or embarrassing coyness.
- In the subsequent intervals the females continually respond with near optimal coyness.
- Elizabeth was not so easy to give in to such coyness.
2The quality of being reluctant to give details about something regarded as sensitive; reticence: the company’s coyness about their spring offering
More example sentences
- From its impenetrable title to the insular instrumental segues between the real songs, the man's second record risks coyness at every turn.
- Stewart gestured crossing his heart and sealing his lips and laughed heartily at his master's coyness.
- Stage fright masks itself as a domineering style, or as coyness, egoism, or pride.