Definition of coyness in English:
1(Especially in a woman) the quality of feigning shyness or modesty in an attempt to seem alluring.
- The customary number with children from the audience goes without gush or embarrassing coyness.
- In the subsequent intervals the females continually respond with near optimal coyness.
- Elizabeth was not so easy to give in to such coyness.
2The quality of being reluctant to give details about something regarded as sensitive; reticence: the company’s coyness about their spring offering
More example sentences
- From its impenetrable title to the insular instrumental segues between the real songs, the man's second record risks coyness at every turn.
- Stewart gestured crossing his heart and sealing his lips and laughed heartily at his master's coyness.
- Stage fright masks itself as a domineering style, or as coyness, egoism, or pride.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.