Definition of crab apple in English:
2 (also crab tree, crab-apple tree, or crabapple tree) The small tree that bears the crab apple.
- Genus Malus, family Rosaceae: several species and hybrids, in particular the wildEurasian crab apple (M. sylvestris), which is one of the possible ancestors of cultivated apples
- The Midland Section commemorated the 10th anniversary by planting a snowdrift crab-apple tree.
- She had only to stand in the orchard, to put her hand on a little crab tree and look up at the apples, to make you feel the goodness of planting.
- Tree peonies, magnolias, pagoda dogwood and flowering crab trees accompany roses.
Definition of crab apple in:
- British & World English dictionary