Definition of crab apple in English:
2 (also crab tree, crab-apple tree, or crabapple tree) The small tree that bears the crab apple.
- Genus Malus, family Rosaceae: several species and hybrids, in particular the wildEurasian crab apple (M. sylvestris), which is one of the possible ancestors of cultivated apples
- The Midland Section commemorated the 10th anniversary by planting a snowdrift crab-apple tree.
- She had only to stand in the orchard, to put her hand on a little crab tree and look up at the apples, to make you feel the goodness of planting.
- Tree peonies, magnolias, pagoda dogwood and flowering crab trees accompany roses.
Definition of crab apple in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan