Definition of crabeater seal in English:
A slender, gray Antarctic seal that lives on the pack ice, feeding mainly on krill.
- Lobodon carcinophagus, family Phocidae
- A school of crabeater seals surfs the turquoise surge around the base of a grounded iceberg.
- After the summer moult, the crabeater seal is dark brown dorsally and grades to blonde ventrally.
- Waterproof hair and insulating fat, called blubber, help crabeater seals stay warm in the frigid waters.
Definition of crabeater seal in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.