- • informal Take severe measures against: we need to crack down hard on workplaces that break safety regulationsMore example sentences
- Sydney police have promised to crack down on all such surreptitious snapping.
- Labour has taken tough measures to crack down on crime and anti-social behaviour.
- The Executive has introduced measures through the police bill to crack down on knife culture.
More definitions of crack down onDefinition of crack down on in:
- The British & World English dictionary