North American informal
Definition of crackerjack in English:
Exceptionally good: a crackerjack eye surgeon
More example sentences
- The two leads give crackerjack performances, their timing, dynamism and interaction almost flawless.
- The corporations always have a battalion of crackerjack lawyers to defend themselves.
- Best of all, Germany's crackerjack Ensemble Modern played the luminous score with extraordinary virtuosity.
nounBack to top
An exceptionally good person or thing.
- The other five are all potential crackerjacks and it is a contest which is going to answer a lot of questions.
- ‘He ought to have a crackerjack of a speech,’ former President Ford says simply.
- At 5-1 third-favourite, Proudwings represents great each-way value in what promises to be a crackerjack of a race.
Definition of crackerjack in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia