Definition of cranberry in English:
noun (plural cranberries)
1A small, red, acid berry used in cooking.
- It is likely to apply to cranberries and cranberry sauce as well as juice.
- Flavors include pineapple with strawberries, and citrus with orange, lemon and cranberry.
- I created my own mix by combining a high-fiber cereal, low-sodium soy nuts and dried fruits, such as cranberries or raisins.
2The evergreen dwarf shrub of the heath family that yields this fruit.
- Genus Vaccinium, family Ericaceae: several species, in particular the North American V. macrocarpon, which thrives in boggy places and from which most commercial varieties originate
- Gorse, heather and cranberry cover the open areas and ancient forests of oak, hazel and holly grow higher up.
- Foulshaw boasts a huge variety of plants and animals, including the cranberry, bog rosemary, heath butterfly and bog bush cricket.
- Mounds, called hummocks, are the growing medium though which swamp laurel, Labrador tea, salal and native cranberries grow.
Words that rhyme with cranberrywaxberry
Definition of cranberry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.