Definition of cranberry bush in English:
nounchiefly North American
A shrub of the honeysuckle family, with round clusters of white flowers followed by red berries.
- Genus Viburnum, family Caprifoliaceae: the American cranberry bush (V. trilobum), with edible berries, and the guelder rose or European cranberry bush
- But to come across a fully laden cranberry bush in a clearing in a wood is a fabulous thing.
- But Matulli sat back among the cranberry bushes in the wet moss and pulled Halla down beside her.
- Most references still refer to the American cranberry bush by its old Latin name, V. trilobum.
Definition of cranberry bush in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan