Definition of craniometry in English:
The scientific measurement of skulls, especially in relation to craniology.
- The SAP physicians were far more rigorously quantitative in their craniometry.
- Some of the examples he discusses may remind us of the metaphorical appropriation of biology by racist craniometry in the nineteenth century.
- The nineteenth-century interest in craniometry had assumed that intelligence was both biological and inheritable.
- Example sentences
- Thus, this anatomical region is favorable for sex determination due to its craniometric characteristics.
- The results of the present craniometric analysis are compared with other lines of evidence.
- This article examines the potential contribution of archaeological human skeletal material, in particular craniometric data.
Definition of craniometry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan