Definition of craniometry in English:
The scientific measurement of skulls, especially in relation to craniology.
- The SAP physicians were far more rigorously quantitative in their craniometry.
- Some of the examples he discusses may remind us of the metaphorical appropriation of biology by racist craniometry in the nineteenth century.
- The nineteenth-century interest in craniometry had assumed that intelligence was both biological and inheritable.
- Example sentences
- Thus, this anatomical region is favorable for sex determination due to its craniometric characteristics.
- The results of the present craniometric analysis are compared with other lines of evidence.
- This article examines the potential contribution of archaeological human skeletal material, in particular craniometric data.
Words that rhyme with craniometrygeometry, micrometry, optometry, psychometry, pyrometry, sociometry, trigonometry
Definition of craniometry in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.