(also crepe myrtle)
Definition of crape myrtle in English:
An ornamental Asian shrub or small tree with pink, white, or purplish crinkled petals.
- Genus Lagerstroemia, family Lythraceae: several species, in particular common crape myrtle (L. indica) and queen’s crape myrtle (L. speciosa)
- We planted verbena around our crape myrtle, and it has gone wild, spilling over the edges of the concrete border.
- There is a black fungus on my crape myrtle and jasmine. Could you give me any advice?
- They're planted under the shade of a mature crepe myrtle.
Definition of crape myrtle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia