- 1Feel a powerful desire for (something): a program to give the infants the human touch they craveMore example sentences
- Kendall loves it, craves it and can put up with almost anything if there's a chance she's going to experience it.
- Sixty per cent of those polled said they regularly craved certain foods and drinks.
- Of course, there are people out there who like spam, who love and crave it.
- More example sentences
- One minute I was fighting off psychotic gossip cravers and the next thing I knew, I was here sobbing.
- One study found that when chocolate cravers were given milk chocolate, white chocolate or capsules of cocoa powder, their cravings were curbed only by eating the milk chocolate.
- From cheese cravers and milk lovers to yogurt enthusiasts and ice cream fanatics, consumers just can't seem to get enough dairy - with one notable exception.
Old English crafian (in the sense 'demand, claim as a right'), of Germanic origin; related to Swedish kräva, Danish kræve 'demand'. The current sense dates from late Middle English.