Definition of craven in English:
Contemptibly lacking in courage; cowardly: a craven abdication of his moral duty
More example sentences
- It basically makes him look like a weak, indecisive, craven leader.
- There is no reason for this other than craven cowardice in the face of power.
- It would be better to say that the Boy Scouts prevailed with a good constitutional argument, supported by weak evidence, craven apprehensions and unthinking hostility.
nounarchaic Back to top
A cowardly person.
- Example sentences
- We do not need to cravenly give up our own civil rights and our freedoms in order to achieve more security.
- Well, at least they have a good excuse for a cravenly political move.
- I wept, cravenly begged to serve, and vowed to do whatever they wanted me to do.
Words that rhyme with cravengraven, haven, maven, shaven, Stratford-upon-Avon
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.