1A cake made of light pastry filled with cream.
- If you want to find someone attractive, don't watch them eat a cream puff.
- The coffee cream puff devoured by mum also got the thumbs-up.
- The cream puff became popular during the French food mania of the 1960s, said a culinary librarian.
2.1 [as modifier] US Denoting something of little consequence or difficulty: a cream-puff assignment
More example sentences
- Yeah, it was nice, but I could rattle off double-digit, middle-of-the-road teams that would have won 10 games against that cream-puff schedule.
- The presidential debates increasingly smell like rig jobs with preconceived answers to cream-puff questions.
- A top woman player used to be able to get away with a middling first serve and a cream puff second serve.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: cream puff
Definition of cream puff in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.