- 1The belief that the universe and living organisms originate from specific acts of divine creation, as in the biblical account, rather than by natural processes such as evolution.More example sentences
- The majority of Americans believe in creationism rather than evolution.
- They spend much time attacking biblical creationism and creationists.
- The original proposal was to stop teaching evolution theory until creationism could be taught alongside.
- 1.1 another term for creation science.More example sentences
- It is not surprising that theologians and mainstream Christians claim that creationism damages Christianity.
- Intelligent Design creationism is bad theology, bad politics, bad education, and bad science.
- This succinctly expresses, I think, both the nature and the theological weakness in ID creationism.
- More example sentences
- Strangely, evolutionists protest loudly when creationists use this approach!
- Yet today many evolutionists claim that creationists cannot be scientists.
- Many of those who classify themselves as creationists object to the term scientific creationists.
More definitions of creationismDefinition of creationism in:
- The British & World English dictionary