- 1An estimate of the ability of a person or organization to fulfill their financial commitments, based on previous dealings.More example sentences
- Obtaining financing with a lackluster credit rating is beyond challenging.
- Instead of selling loans with fixed interest rates, they offer tailored rates based on your credit rating.
- Ironically, too much available credit probably damages my credit rating!
- 1.1The process of assessing this.More example sentences
- Finally, for those for whom credit rating is important, such as anyone applying for a mortgage or personal loan, the timing of any account switch may need some consideration.
- SSI units will be encouraged to obtain credit rating.
- But that would not automatically bring better credit rating.
More definitions of credit ratingDefinition of credit rating in:
- The British & World English dictionary