Definition of creeper in English:
1 Botany Any plant that grows along the ground, around another plant, or up a wall by means of extending stems or branches.
- Yes muntries are little purple berries and they're the fruit of a shrub, a ground creeper, that grows down in eastern South Australia.
- The plant, a creeper of the arum lily family, is a native of Mexico and Guatemala.
- Flowering plants, creepers and hedge shrubs will be planted.
2Any of a number of small birds that creep around in trees, vegetation, etc.
- ● (brown creeper) The American treecreeper (Certhia americana, family Certhiidae). ● (brown creeper) New Zealand A New Zealand songbird (Mohoua (or Finschia) novaeseelandiae, family Pachycephalidae or Acanthizidae). ● A Philippine songbird (family Rhabdornithidae and genus Rhabdornis: two species). ● A Hawaiian honeycreeper (genus Paroreomyza, family Drepanididae: three species).
- One most beautiful and exotic of creepers is cardinal creeper.
- Brown creepers have just taken over the neighborhood, you hear them everywhere you go.
- A flock of brown creepers were on most of the trees.
4North American informal A person, typically a man, whose behavior toward or interest in someone is regarded as unwelcome and socially inappropriate: I could dance there without a creeper walking up and accosting me
More example sentences
- They accuse him of being a restroom creeper.
- I only block trolls and creepers though, which I haven't been getting a lot of lately.
- He was a creeper who spied on her every move and manipulated his way into their lives.
Words that rhyme with creeperArequipa, beeper, bleeper, Dnieper, keeper, leaper, peeper, reaper, sleeper, sweeper, weeper
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.