- 1 (also cremaster muscle) Anatomy The muscle of the spermatic cord, by which the testicle can be partially raised.More example sentences
- Warm water relaxes the cremaster muscle and allows scrotal lengthening.
- The Cremaster Cycle takes its name from the cremaster muscle, which controls testicular contractions and position in response to stimuli both from outside the body and within.
- The cremaster muscle links the lowest part of the abdominal wall above the groin to these coverings of the testis, and can retract it upwards: this occurs reflexly when the inner thigh is stroked.
late 17th century: from Greek kremastēr, from krema- 'hang'.
More definitions of cremasterDefinition of cremaster in:
- The British & World English dictionary