Definition of creosote bush in English:
A shrub native to arid parts of Mexico and the western US. Its leaves smell of creosote and when steeped in boiling water, they yield an antiseptic lotion.
- Larrea tridentata, family Zygophyllaceae
- A creosote bush can live as long as one hundred years, but the unique propagation method employed by this shrub may arguably extend its life much longer.
- The most common shrubs are creosote bush, ocotillo, and bur sage.
- Soil samples were collected from beneath the canopies of creosote bush shrubs and from areas between shrubs in each of the three zones: mound, enriched, and intermound.
Definition of creosote bush in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan