1A light, thin fabric with a wrinkled surface: [as modifier]: a silk crepe blouse
More example sentences
- In the 1920s the calf-length tweed skirt with a crêpe de chine blouse epitomised the British look.
- But the entire exercise becomes can become strenuous when it is done on crape and georgette sarees, as the material is very fine to work on.
- The glittering sapphire fabric, crepe accented with tiny diamantés, highlighted her blue eyes, and pale blonde hair.
2A thin pancake.
- More generally, cooked in a thin layer in the bottom of a frying pan, a batter makes pancakes or crêpes.
- These are little rice flour crêpes, served hot and stuffed with pork, mushrooms, onion and coriander.
- The portobello crêpe comes with grilled mushrooms, mozzarella, roasted potato, and superbly pitched pesto, and is a subtle delight.
- Example sentences
- New techniques involving lasers to blast uneven pigmentation, acid peels to smooth crepey skin and injections to plump up wrinkles or freeze facial muscles have all been developed and refined over the last decade.
- It is a known fact that medium or larger sized frames help to camouflage crepey or wrinkled eye areas and erase wrinkles, bags and sags.
- A vein pulses slightly through her crepey skin.
Definition of crepe in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.