Definition of crepe in English:
1A light, thin fabric with a wrinkled surface: [as modifier]: a silk crepe blouse
More example sentences
- In the 1920s the calf-length tweed skirt with a crêpe de chine blouse epitomised the British look.
- But the entire exercise becomes can become strenuous when it is done on crape and georgette sarees, as the material is very fine to work on.
- The glittering sapphire fabric, crepe accented with tiny diamantés, highlighted her blue eyes, and pale blonde hair.
2Black silk or imitation silk, formerly used for mourning clothes.
- He did think that he remembered the funeral, an expanse of black crepe and a huddle of mourning family.
- That bus now sits in a Detroit area museum adorned in a black crepe to mark her death.
- Flowers and candles no longer clog the sidewalk outside the firehouse at Houston Street and Sixth Avenue but the doorway is draped in black crepe and the names of fallen firefighters are displayed by the entrance.
3krep A thin pancake.
- More generally, cooked in a thin layer in the bottom of a frying pan, a batter makes pancakes or crêpes.
- These are little rice flour crêpes, served hot and stuffed with pork, mushrooms, onion and coriander.
- The portobello crêpe comes with grilled mushrooms, mozzarella, roasted potato, and superbly pitched pesto, and is a subtle delight.
- Example sentences
- New techniques involving lasers to blast uneven pigmentation, acid peels to smooth crepey skin and injections to plump up wrinkles or freeze facial muscles have all been developed and refined over the last decade.
- It is a known fact that medium or larger sized frames help to camouflage crepey or wrinkled eye areas and erase wrinkles, bags and sags.
- A vein pulses slightly through her crepey skin.
Definition of crepe in:
- Spanish dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan