- An ornamental decoration at the ridge of a roof or top of a wall or screen.More example sentences
- That's a time I do remember, quite fondly: the house was a big old place, built from old wood, crowned with a steep shingled roof, crestings, and defunct chimneys.
- Oval mirrored sconces of the era were typically crowned with rope-tied cresting.
- A missing shell beneath the cresting, clearly shown in a 1905 Country Life photograph, has been reinstated, as has the bevelled glass (to replace the previous modern unsilvered glass sheet).
More definitions of crestingDefinition of cresting in:
- The British & World English dictionary