- Embroidery or tapestry done with crewel yarn on linen cloth.More example sentences
- Wool is almost invariably used in crewel work and colourways are not as elaborate as in chain stitch.
- The original cloth of this crewel work was missing altogether, all that survived was the wool embroidery.
- This two-day course teaches the techniques and stitches used in Jacobean crewel work or wool on linen.
More definitions of crewel workDefinition of crewel work in:
- The British & World English dictionary