- A repetitive habit of some horses that involves biting and chewing of wood, especially that of doors and mangers, in the stable, causing excessive wear to the front teeth.More example sentences
- This vice is similar to crib-biting but the horse does not grab onto anything with its teeth, it learns to gulp down air simply by creating a vacuum in the mouth.
- The heart rate of the crib-biters during crib-biting was lower than during other behaviours.
- Although most foals showed a reduction in crib-biting behaviour over the duration of the trial, the reduction was most marked in the foals on the antacid diet.
More definitions of crib-bitingDefinition of crib-biting in:
- The British & World English dictionary