exclamationBritish • informal
- An expression of surprise: Crikey! I never thought I’d see you againMore example sentences
- If David Weinberger (to pick an example) wants to shill for Dean, more power to him, by crikey!
- Even the band went ocker as the crowd screamed for more, the singer drawling, Jeez youse are loud, crikey!
- It might not be clever but, crikey, it sounds like fun.
mid 19th century: euphemism for Christ.
More definitions of crikeyDefinition of crikey in:
- The British & World English dictionary