Definition of crime-fighting in English:
The action of working to reduce the incidence of crime.
- Research had shown that street-level police culture rested on an action and crime-fighting orientation.
- Smaller communities could lose out on crime-fighting cash if police forces are merged in our region, MPs warned today.
- Colchester police want to establish crime-fighting business watches in the borough.
- Example sentences
- Yes, but none of the previous artists were assisted by a suave TV crime-fighter driving a car with a mind of its own.
- It was clear that the crime-fighters keep abreast (so to speak) of technology.
- The campaign has been so successful in its first six months that neighbouring crime-fighters are joining the scheme.
Definition of crime-fighting in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.